Read more »
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a text file which a website installs on a user's computer. Each time the user views a page on the website after a cookie has been installed, the website will recognise the user.
Cookies can be used to remember a user's preferences, to keep track of which pages they've visited, or in some cases, to store personal information about them.
You can disable cookies for this website or for all websites but it might mean that some website functions no longer work for you. You can find instructions on how to change your cookie settings at this website: http://www.aboutcookies.org/.
What cookies does this site use?
1. Analytical cookies
We use the information we gather to identify and fix problems on the site as well as to offer more of the types of content that prove to be popular.
The information Google Analytics collects is anonymous. It includes information on how you found this site, which pages you looked at whilst you were here and for how long, what time of day your visit was, whether you have visited the site before and what area of the world you are in.
Although other sites you visit may also use Google Analytics, the information we gather is not linked to the information gathered on any other site.
How can I stop my information from being collected?
If you're in the European Union, the Google Analytics tool may store your information outside of the EU. The United States do not have the same laws regarding data protection as those in the European Union. By using our website, you consent to such transfers.
2. Essential cookies
- A cookie which allows us to ensure the security of our online forms. It prevents Cross Site Request Forgeries from malicious sites, which use your login details to submit forms on our site
This cookie will only last as long as your visit to our website. Your browser will delete it when you close it.
Cookies on our blogs
Our blogs are not part of the main site and the following cookies relate only to the following blog sites:
- Analytics cookies as detailed above
- Cookies placed by wordpress, our blogging platform, for analytical purposes
- Cookies which wordpress requires to determine whether a user is logged in or not
- Some machines may see a cookie which is used for advertising purposes. Data is gathered anonymously and is not stored on your computer